In the second installment of Maternova's feature on the low-cost highly effective ProntoPack Birth Simulator Kit, join us in learning additional information about where the innovation is helping train birth attendants, midwifes, and healthcare workers in safer birth practices.
We also know that this system has been used at academic institutions in the United States... can you tell us more?
The PRONTOPack and PartoPants are fundamental parts of emergency obstetric and team training at a variety of large US academic institutions and hospitals including the University of Washington, the University of Utah, UCSF and the University of Maryland.
The PRONTOPack™ is a low-tech, portable, high-fidelity birth simulator kit designed for use in limited-resource settings. More than just a simulator, the PRONTOPack’s simulation scenarios, instructional techniques and debriefing guide are all key to instituting better birthing outcomes. They are designed to help birthing attendants understand what they are doing right and what needs to be changed, and helps them practice methods proven to save lives.
The full ProntoPack™ includes:
- PartoPants™ (Low-Tech Birth Simulator worn by Patient Actress or Actor)
- Injection Pad (To practice administering injections)
- Simulated Blood System (To simulate hemorrhages and increase realism)
- Cloth Baby and Placenta (Delivered through PartoPants™)
- PRONTOCry™ (Pre-Recorded Cry Card)