Reprinted with Permission, COHI, 2014
Imagine if your mother had been alone or without the necessary supplies to bring you safely into this world. Honor your mom this holiday with a donation that will help another mother and baby survive their delivery. Circle of Health International (COHI) is partnering with Maternova to create a unique crowd-funding supply drive on Crowdrise. You get to a choose a donation amount that will provide life-saving tools from Matrenova that will be sent to COHI to use for the next disaster response effort. COHI will mail your mom a Mother’s Day card on your behalf letting her know that you've made this life giving supply purchase in her name. Flowers will wilt but a mother's love never fades…
View this Mother’s Day gift giving opportunity that will truly save a life here: http://www.crowdrise.com/MothersDaycohi
Maternova is a pioneering e-commerce marketplace for technologies and innovations addressing maternal and newborn health. They focus on providing effective, low-cost tools to health workers and non-profits in low-resource settings.
The stark danger of childbirth
• One woman dies every 90 seconds....in the context of trying to give life.
• In a country like Niger, this means 1 in 7 women will die 'a maternal death.'
• Worldwide, each year approximately 326,000 women die 'a maternal death'
• And each year 1 million children are left motherless due to maternal death
• Each generation we lose 10 million women to maternal death
An estimated additional 350,000 midwives are needed worldwide to ensure universal coverage
What are the causes of death?
• postpartum hemorrhage (massive bleeding)
• obstructed labor (no access to a needed c-section)
• eclampsia (seizures that end in coma and death)
• infection or sepsis (unsafe abortion)
COHI helps mommas and babies in the toughest areas of the world and you can too! Don’t let a child grow up without its mother.
Choose from any of the Gift Card amounts below available on our Crowdrise campaign page: http://www.crowdrise.com/MothersDaycohi